American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners (AAENP)
Laurie Anderson, MSN, APRN-C, CDOE was recently named the RI state representative for the American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners (AAENP). The mission of the organization is to promote high quality, evidence based practice for nurse practitioners providing emergency care for patients of all ages and acuities in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
The Academy seeks to:
- -Establish guidelines for quality and safety emergency health care
- -Encourage continuing clinical education of emergency nurse practitioners
- -Support training and education in emergency care
- -Facilitate research in emergency care
- -Collaborate with professional health organizations and academic institutions
As the state rep her role includes recruiting new members, becoming knowledgeable about the impediments to practice in emergency and acute care medicine and relaying them to the national organization, and developing the relationships in our state that will result in opportunities for continuing education and collaboration with our emergency medicine colleagues.
Laurie would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you about your practice and tell you more about the benefits of joining the AAENP, including free digital access to the Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, discounts on educational events, the ENP-C exam and review courses for the exam, and product discounts such as savings on access to “EM Rap.”