BSN, RN, LMT|Seeking Acute Care NP Sites
Acute Care, Adult, Gerontological, Oncology
Cardiovascular, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Oncology, Orthopedics, Wound Care
About the preceptor Laura is looking for:
Located near Greenbelt, MD.
I am seeking preceptor & site in completing the AGACNP program at Walden University. Currently located in Greenbelt, MD but am willing to travel up to a 50 mile radius for practicum and I am licensed in both Washington DC & Maryland.
Site & Preceptor Requirements:
• Types of Patients: Ages 65 and older with acute illness or exacerbation of chronic diseases
• Types of Services: Assessment and management of acute illness or exacerbation of chronic diseases; recommendation of appropriate immunizations for elder; medication management with focus on unique needs of the geriatric patient; and assessment and facilitation of functional abilities in consideration of chronic and aging limitations
• Possible Preceptor Choices: ACNP, AGACNP, ANP, AGPCNP, FNP, GNP, MD, DO, PA, or hospitalist
• Unacceptable Preceptor Choices: CNS
• Possible Site Choices: Acute care hospital settings (hospitalist, intermediate care unit or step-down unit); inpatient palliative care services, inpatient comprehensive rehabilitation unit, inpatient long-term acute care hospital; or ACE (acute care for elderly) unit
• Requirements: 160 hours; minimum 120 patient
I currently work as an acute care registered nurse throughout the D.C., MD, VA area in Surgical, CVC, E.R., & Oncology specialties. In addition to my acute care experience, I have also spent a substantial amount of time in post-acute, LTC, and Rehab settings.
Should you have or know of any preceptor-ship opportunities available please reach out to me. I appreciate any assistance you can provide and look forward to hearing from you soon.
All the best,
Laura L. Minor BSN, RN, LMT